Pittsburgh Surgical Error Lawyers
Proven Pittsburgh Surgical Error Attorneys Ready To Assist You
If you live in the Pittsburgh area or in a surrounding community, and you or a loved one have recently been the unfortunate victim of a surgery gone tragically wrong, you may have been completely taken by surprise. When a medical procedure goes wrong, it can lead to devastating injuries. If you or someone you love has sustained one of these injuries, you may be suffering both physically and financially. At Kapusta, Deihl, and Schweers, we’re here to tell you that you shouldn’t feel alone. You may be entitled to compensation under the law, and we are here to fight for justice on your behalf.
What Is the Basis for a Surgical Error Lawsuit?
Certainly, surgery is a difficult and often unpleasant prospect for many people, even in the best of circumstances. It goes without saying that surgery carries a certain amount of risk, and that any number of things could potentially go wrong. Some of those risks are unavoidable and simply the reality of undergoing surgery. In other cases, however, things go wrong because of the negligence of the medical team performing the surgery. In these cases, a medical malpractice claim may be warranted.
A medical team has an established standard of care for surgical procedures, and when that standard of care is not followed, the results can be tragic for patients who may suffer long-lasting and significant damage. Some common examples of surgical errors that occur due to the negligence of the medical team performing the surgery include:
- Errors in properly administering anesthesia;
- Accidental damage to muscles, ligaments, tissues, or nerves in the area around the targeted area for which the surgery is being performed;
- Leaving surgical instruments or accessories inside of a patient’s body;
- Failing to prevent avoidable infection;
- Operating on a patient while not in a reasonably acceptable mental or physical condition to do so;
- And more.
These examples are only a few of several potential bases for a surgical error medical malpractice suit. Certainly, a skilled Pittsburgh surgical error lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced in this area of the law will be able to advise you as to whether your particular situation may serve as grounds for a claim and what sort of compensation you may be entitled to if so.
What Compensation Am I Entitled To?
If you have been the victim of surgical error, you may have the right to receive compensation for your injuries on a variety of grounds. Some of the damages most commonly sought and received as a result of surgical error include:
- Medical Expenses: This can include not only medical expenses you have already incurred and medical expenses for treatment you are currently receiving, but can also include damages for anticipated medical expenses in the future.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: These damages include both lost wages as a result of time away from work because of the injury, as well as anticipated lost future earnings if you are unable to go back to work in the future.
- Pain and Suffering: While more difficult to quantify, these types of damages include compensation for the pain and suffering the injury caused, including changes to your lifestyle and activities that you once enjoyed.
Again, determining exactly which types of damages you might be entitled to is a matter that is important for you to discuss with a qualified Pittsburgh surgical error attorney. It is important to seek out and retain a legal team that is knowledgeable and experienced in this area of the law to help ensure that you pursue the maximum amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
The KDS Legal Difference
At KDS Legal, we are passionate about fighting for justice on behalf and each and every one of our clients. We understand the complex law surrounding medical malpractice and surgical errors. We want to put that knowledge, as well as our significant experience, to work on your behalf. We understand that your focus needs to be on regaining your health and happiness and moving toward recovery – you don’t need the stress of mounting legal bills and confusion about your case to be placed on top of your other concerns.
At KDS Legal, we will keep you informed about your case each step of the way, and we won’t make any money until you do. Our fee is dependent upon you receiving the compensation you deserve. At KDS Legal, we believe our clients deserve nothing less than highly effective representation that they can reasonably afford. We strive hard to deliver on that promise each day. Call us today. We look forward to helping you soon.